The Secret Circle Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secret Circle Roleplay

Witches and...witches and...witches, Oh my!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kevin Hale

Kevin Hale

Power Points : 508
Power Popularity : 2

"My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" Empty
PostSubject: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 9:21 pm

I sat near the window, looking at the snow falling from the light gray sky. It was beautiful, but kind of depressing. I sighed as I shifted in my seat on the couch. I got bored, looking at the snowfall. I glanced at my Book of Shadows, which made me smile slightly. I grabbed it, opening it. There were so many things that I couldn't read from the book, but Adam told me how to read it. "Fire spell?" I said, raising an eyebrow while examining the page in front of me. The hyroglyphics that were words said that this spell can summon fire just by looking at the object. It said to focus my energy on to the object while glaring at it. The best part about it was that there was no chanting. I stood up from the couch, grabbed a candle on the coffee table, and headed into the other room. I set the candle on the floor a few feet in front of me. I focused on the candle, with magic flowing gently out of my body. The candle grew a flame, burning dimly, lighting the room a little bit. Sudddenly, something like a vision or premonition went through my mind. I saw people burning to death in a fire. It was the same place where I heard the screaming in my dream- the nightmare. I gasped in horror. Tears were streaming down my face.
Back to top Go down
Melissa Glaser

Melissa Glaser

Power Points : 180
Power Popularity : 0

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:14 am

The sky was a light grey and was spewing snow. It was starting to look really pretty as everything was getting covered in a light blanket of white. I parked outside the abandoned house hoping to be alone. I stepped outside and the cold nipped at my face and my fingers. I pulled Nick's coat tighter around me and walked up the steps to the porch. I opened the door and quickly stepped inside. I shivered as I closed the door and headed up stairs. I heard a noise coming from the area that we normally hang out in. I stepped cautiously trying not to make the floor boards creak. I hid in the shadows as I peered into the room and saw a guy standing in front of a lit candle. It looked like there were tear tracks on his cheeks. "Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Kevin Hale

Kevin Hale

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 6:37 pm

I looked up, sort of startled when I heard a woman's voice behind me. I turned quickly, looking into the eyes of a woman. She was almost my height, but a little bit taller. She must be a member of Adam's Circle, I thought, looking at the woman. "I am Devon Bishop - Adam's younger cousin." I said, biting my lip. I felt wierd without Adam here. I felt like I didn't really 'belong' here. "Are you a Witch too?" I asked, sort of frightened to ask. Adam told me about how the Circle doesn't really trust others. I asked him why, but he never told me.
Back to top Go down
Melissa Glaser

Melissa Glaser

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:19 am

"Adam has a younger cousin?" I stuttered out staring at the guy in front of me. Then he asked a question that stunned me. I was silent for a little while. "Are you saying that you're a witch?" I asked cautiously. I glanced at him then the candle that was lit on the floor. "I'm assuming you are a witch since you're using that candle for something other then light." I looked back at him noticing that the tear tracks were drying up. "I'm Melissa Glaser." I said introducing myself. "Are you okay?" I asked genuinely concerned for this stranger that was related to a circle member.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Hale

Kevin Hale

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:08 pm

I shook my head. "No, not really ..." I said, throwing my arms up a little. "You see, I'm trying to learn about my Magic- Making sure it's not Dark Magic." I said, looking back at the candle. "I had a vision while doing this spell that freaked me out." I admitted silently. "I was ... on a boat, with fire and smoke. I heard screaming. I actually saw people burning from the fire." I said, falling down onto my knees. "I am trying to understand what my Magic is and what it can do, but..." I paused.
"but ... if it really is Dark Magic, then I'm afraid of using it." I said, shaking my head. I could hurt Adam if I lose control, I thought, and that's the worst thing that could ever happen.
Back to top Go down
Melissa Glaser

Melissa Glaser

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 5:03 pm

Devon dropped to his knees in the middle of speaking. I couldn't help what I did next it was in my nature. I got closer to him and knelt down. I gently placed my hand on his shoulder and looked at him. "We will help you figure this out." I said sincerely. "Have you had that vision before?" I questioned thinking that it was eerily similar to our parents death. "We should tell Adam about what you saw."
Back to top Go down
Kevin Hale

Kevin Hale

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:09 pm

I looked up at Melissa. Tears were streaming down my face. "I've had the vision twice including this one. I had it as a dream on my first night living at Adam's. I told him about it." I quickly explained. "I also showed him this," I said, holding up the Book of Shadows. "Adam told me that it was book past down from our ancestors." I said, wiping my face. "He told me that he would help me understand what the words meant, but he's been busy with other things." I said.
Back to top Go down
Melissa Glaser

Melissa Glaser

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:50 pm

Tears started streaming down his face again. And I couldn't help myself I just hugged him tight. "I'll be okay, I promise we'll figure this out." Could this vision that he keeps seeing be the boat fire that killed out parents? I thought to myself, silently and pulled away from the hug but I stayed close. I could tell that he was petrified by what was happening to him. I wanted to help him, then I realized that he had his book of shadows. "You have your families book of shadows, if it's written in Latin I can help." I said smiling to him, as the thought of it possibly the fire from 16 years ago. I shook my head trying to push that thought away. "May I take a look at your book?" I asked politely trying not to scare him off.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Hale

Kevin Hale

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:20 pm

I wiped the tears off my face, and smiled at Melissa. "Thank you," I said, smiling. There was something about Melissa that made me feel at ease. "Yeah, sure. You can look at it." I said, giving it to her.
Back to top Go down
Melissa Glaser

Melissa Glaser

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:03 am

I smiled at Devon as he wiped his tears away, and handed me his book of shadows. The book was old, I couldn't tell if it was older than Diana's or Cassie's book or not. "Lets sit on the couch." I said lightly as I got up and sat down on the couch. I sighed and patted the spot next to me. I carefully opened the book trying not to damage it. I scanned through the first few pages. "Did your parents give this to you?" I asked curiously, since I didn't know that Adam had a cousin that was a witch.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Hale

Kevin Hale

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:19 pm

I shook my head at Melissa's question. I looked at her, still wiping the tears off of my face. "No, our grandmother gave it to me. My parents didn't like my "gift" a whole lot." I said, shakily. Talking about Gran made me want her to be with me right now, to help me understand my power. She was the only one who did besides Adam. The other members of his Circle didn't seem all that bad either. They're the only family I have left ...

Last edited by Kevin Hale on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Melissa Glaser

Melissa Glaser

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:39 pm

"Don't worry about your parents not liking your gift. The parents that we have left didn't even tell you. We've been learning on our own, just be glad you have a book. I've looked everywhere for my families book and I can't find mine. It's the same with a lot of the circle members." I sighed and gently started paging through the book. I came across a page in his book and I looked at him. "Your book talks about light magic!" I furrowed my eyebrows. "So there's regular magic, dark magic, and now light magic." I said rubbing my temples.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Hale

Kevin Hale

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:47 pm

"What?!" I said, lurching up from the couch. Is this even possible? well, look at it this way, there IS Dark Magic out there, I mean I felt it coming from Daniel and Cassie, I thought, shaking my head. "Does that M-" A sudden realization came to me. I probably have Light Magic. "Why is it always something new?" I shouted the question, giving a look of defeat at Melissa.
Back to top Go down
Melissa Glaser

Melissa Glaser

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:52 pm

I looked at him with confusion written all over my face. I was stunned by his sudden out burst. "Devon what's wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Kevin Hale

Kevin Hale

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 pm

I looked at Melissa, with confusion in my eyes. "Remember when you said that my Book of Shadows talks about Light Magic?," I asked, pointing at the book in her hands. "I think I have Light Magic..." I said, sitting back down, taking a deep breath.
Back to top Go down
Melissa Glaser

Melissa Glaser

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:32 pm

I looked at Devon, as he said he thinks that he has light magic. "Why do you think you have light magic?" I asked, and glanced down at the book. By the looks of what I started to read from it, it looked like light magic was special.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Hale

Kevin Hale

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:10 pm

"Light Magic is just like Dark Magic - same power, and also addicting..." I said, looking at Melissa. "I knew that Dark Magic existed, but ..." I paused, taking a deep breath. "I didn't know that Light Magic existed."
Back to top Go down
Melissa Glaser

Melissa Glaser

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:28 pm

"I've never heard of light magic." I said looking at him with sympathy in my eyes. "We will help you through this." I gave a small smile. "You'll get through this I promise."
Back to top Go down
Kevin Hale

Kevin Hale

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:49 pm

I smiled weakly at Melissa. "Thanks, Melissa." I got up from my seat, heading for the bowl of crystals. "You know, I've never found out what my family crystal was." I said, looking back at her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"   "My Magic has done nothing but screw me over" Empty

Back to top Go down

"My Magic has done nothing but screw me over"
Page 1 of 1