The Secret Circle Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secret Circle Roleplay

Witches and...witches and...witches, Oh my!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"So what it if was total comfort food!"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emma Burling

Emma Burling

Power Points : 255
Power Popularity : 2

"So what it if was total comfort food!" Empty
PostSubject: "So what it if was total comfort food!"   "So what it if was total comfort food!" EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:28 pm

Pulling her leather jacket around her tighter, Emma turned the corner onto the seafront road, and shivered slightly in the wind. She didn't like the weather lately, it was always cold and damp, but today it was absolutely pouring down. Emma hated it, and all she wanted to do really was go home and curl up indoors but after an unfortunate magical accident (not ENTIRELY her fault), they where having a new bath fitted... and pluming done. That involved drilling. And hammering. And noise. Urgh.

Feeling allot older then sixteen, Emma pushed open the door of The Boathouse. She dumped her self down at a table by the window, watching the torrents of rain come down. It was very isolating, she thought as the waiter came over to her. "A hot chocolate please... and a slice of the coconut cake," she said. So what it if was total comfort food, she thought with a secret smile. She was feeling fed up with the weather, magic and everything else that had gone wrong. She just needed to sit and relax, and that was exactly what she intended to do!

OOC: I hope this is ok! So just a brief run down. Cassie and Emma do know each other. Cassie helped Daniel and the others rescue Emma from hunters, Emma was stabbed in the rescue and should have died, but was kept alive long enough (by magic) to get to hospital. Emma and Daniel are soul mates and have had past lives together, but Daniel had recently just broken up with Emma to protect her because Daniel has Dark Magic aka its all a right bloody mess! :p .
Back to top Go down
Cassie Blake

Cassie Blake

Power Points : 97
Power Popularity : 1

PostSubject: Re: "So what it if was total comfort food!"   "So what it if was total comfort food!" EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:36 pm

The door to the Boathouse opened, and Cassie walked in. She was wearing a purple plaid shirt and jeans, along with a gray berret. She had been doing nothing all day, and was so bored. There wasn't much to do in town, other than practicing magic. Even though she wanted to learn more of her dark magic, she just needed a break from everything. Cassie hated the weather lately, it was too cold for her, and all this rain made everything so bleh. She scanned the room, looking for anyone who she knew. Or maybe Adam. She wasn't quite sure. Cassie walked in further, soon to notice Emma sitting alone by the window. Bingo, someone she knew.

Cassie walked over to the table, smiling at Emma. "Hey! Mind if I sit with you?" She asked, sounding happy that she wasn't alone here. Cassie looked over as the waiter came up with Emma's cake and hot chocolate, and Cassie eyed the food. 'That looks sooo good' Cassie thought to herself, licking her lips. Her eyes went back to Emma, waiting for an answer.

ooc; Alrighty! I'll read it just to catch up on things, and yess this was good!
Back to top Go down
Emma Burling

Emma Burling

PostSubject: Re: "So what it if was total comfort food!"   "So what it if was total comfort food!" EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Emma smiled at Cassie, and nodded, pulling her bag of the chair opposite her. She watched Cassie's gaze travel to her cake and hot chocolate."Sure... as long as you stop eyeing my cake," she said with a smile. "You looked like you were about to jump on it. Its heaven in this crappy weather," she said and took a mouthfull of the hot chocolate. "So, what brings you out in this rubbish weather?" she asked, picking up the fork, and using the edge to cut a chink of the cake.
Back to top Go down
Cassie Blake

Cassie Blake

PostSubject: Re: "So what it if was total comfort food!"   "So what it if was total comfort food!" EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:46 pm

Cassie nodded and sat in the seat, smiling. "Alright, it just looks so good!" Cassie laughed a bit harder now. "Just needed to get out really, bored and need to get my mind off all this magic stuff. With everything that's been happening its nice to just stop thinking so much" Cassie leaned back in her seat, looking around the room once more. She had a habit of looking around for someone without even realizing it, maybe because she was so used to it.
Back to top Go down
Emma Burling

Emma Burling

PostSubject: Re: "So what it if was total comfort food!"   "So what it if was total comfort food!" EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:05 pm

Emma nodded leaning back in her seat. "I second that," she said munching her cake. For her personally, magic was just a headache. It had caused nothing but trouble. Hell, she had been stabbed and had almost drowned in her own blood. But that was the past. "I had to leave the house... I burst a water pipe and flooded my parents kitchen," she said absently as the wind gave a particularly strong howl. Emma sighed. "How are you coping with the whole magic thing? If you don't mind me asking. Feel free to tell me to shut the hell up," she said with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Cassie Blake

Cassie Blake

PostSubject: Re: "So what it if was total comfort food!"   "So what it if was total comfort food!" EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Cassie shrugged,"I'm getting used to it. Made my life a hell of a lot more complicated but hey, if not then life would be boring." Cassie smiled to Emma. Her life had been a lot easier before she had moved, that was before her mother died though. If only she had been there, if only she had saved her. Thinking about her mother she looked down, she missed her. Yeah, she had her grandmother Jane, but she loved her mom. A sigh escaped her mouth as she pushed the thoughts out of her mind, looking back to Emma."Think i'm going to try to harness and control my dark magic, while I still have the chance." Cassie had been thinking about it for days now. She knew other witches who had dark magic, so she wasn't alone at least.
Back to top Go down
Emma Burling

Emma Burling

PostSubject: Re: "So what it if was total comfort food!"   "So what it if was total comfort food!" EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:24 pm

Emma watched Cassie with understanding eyes. Although there stories were very different, Emma understood. She understood what it was like to have your whole life shaken up, turned over and then you were just supposed to get on with it. She could see the sadness. "You need hot chocolate," she said quickly, like it was a prescription drug. She called over the waiter, and ordered Cassie a hot chocolate, and paid for it. "Call it a thank you for saving my skin," she said, as the waiter bought Cassie's drink and cake over. "I can't remember if I said it before... I was semi delirious with pain at the time..." she shock her head slightly, her hand absently drifted to under her rib cadge where the knotted scar was under her clothes. "Can it be controlled? I don't know much about it," she asked curiously, dissecting the cake that she was eating.
Back to top Go down
Cassie Blake

Cassie Blake

PostSubject: Re: "So what it if was total comfort food!"   "So what it if was total comfort food!" EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:37 pm

The smell of chocolate from the hot drink in front of her filled her nose, and she smiled. She was glad to have a friend like Emma. "Thanks! and yeah..don't worry about it, i'd do it again if I had to. Which, hopefully I wont ever have to." Cassie chuckled and picked the cup up, blowing it gently than sipping the hot chocolate. She sighed, relaxing her body. This is definitely what she needed. she sat there and thought for a moment before responding. "Well, maybe. I'm not sure. Every time I've tried so far it hasn't turned out too great, but there has to be someway to control it. I mean my father must of been able to." Cassie sipped the hot chocolate again, wondering whether or not she would be able to.
Back to top Go down
Emma Burling

Emma Burling

PostSubject: Re: "So what it if was total comfort food!"   "So what it if was total comfort food!" EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:46 pm

Emma nodded, leaning back in the chair, holding the cup in her hands. "From what I have seen... and it isn't a lot, magic relies on the emotions of the caster... so I know when I am angry, stuff goes horribly wrong. Could it be a case of keeping control of your emotions? And have you spoken to Daniel Henderson?" she asked. Daniel. The name that made every fibre of her being ache when ever she said it. Her face showed a flicker of pain but she pushed it away. "He seems to have pretty good control - He might be worth talking to?" she said gently and gave Cassie a smile.
Back to top Go down
Cassie Blake

Cassie Blake

PostSubject: Re: "So what it if was total comfort food!"   "So what it if was total comfort food!" EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Cassie nodded to Emma,"Yeah, I've met him before. He's sort of a friend of mine actually." Cassie smiled, she was glad she knew who Emma was talking about. She wanted to be able to control things like he could. But, she was also a bit scared that she was going to let her dark magic over power her and just take control. Hopefully that wouldn't happened though. "Yeah, i've noticed when I'm upset my magic goes a little haywire. Just need practice I guess." Cassie shrugged and played with her fork, taking a bite of cake and enjoying every bit of it.
Back to top Go down
Emma Burling

Emma Burling

PostSubject: Re: "So what it if was total comfort food!"   "So what it if was total comfort food!" EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:22 am

Emma smiled slightly, glad to be able to help Cassie. She felt slightly in debt to Cassie and her circle, for saving her life, and hopefully it would be the last, as Cassie had said. She paused before speaking again. "If its any consolation... I kinda get it, in my own little way," she said slowly and put the fork down. "Ever since that night, where you all found me bleeding... I have been... seeing stuff," she wrinkled her nose slightly, in thought, annoyed at how hard it was to find the right words. "Seeing stuff that has not happed yet, and kind of sensing stuff," she trailed off, looking out the window. "Daniel lost control completely about a week ago, in the forest. The older hunter, Matthew, I think his name is, was there. Stirring... I could feel Daniel shift... from my house... about two miles away," she shock her head again, trying to find the words. She had heard about the lady that had given Cassie the warning, the psychic. That's the word that she had been avoiding. It was just to... weird. "I guess I kind of get it... because I guess I am meant to be Daniels...ps-psychic," she said, her voice low and a little wobbly but she swallowed a mouthful of hot chocolate. "So I understand how you must be feeling about the whole 'your a witch, oh and there's ANOTHER thing you also need to deal with, if the first was not enough," she added, a little calmer, with a wry smile.
Back to top Go down
Cassie Blake

Cassie Blake

PostSubject: Re: "So what it if was total comfort food!"   "So what it if was total comfort food!" EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:18 am

Cassie could see that Emma seemed to be struggling a bit with what she was saying. She listened carefully, nodding every so often so that Emma would know she was listening. The cup of hot chocolate sat at her lips, and she sipped it and put it back down. "Wow. That seems like a lot to handle.." She felt a little more at ease, knowing that Emma sort of got what she was going through. But still, being able to see and sense stuff like Emma was had to be a big burden. "So, it's only Daniel that you sense this stuff with?" She asked, a hint of curiosity in her voice. She knew Daniels powers were strong, and he definitely had a better grip on dark magic compared to her. "I'm glad you understand, though. It's like the rest of the circle tries, but they don't quite get it. It's not that I want to use my dark magic, or that I prefer it. It's just..I have no other choice. I can't just sit here and ignore it and pretend that I am no different than them.." Cassie's voice cracked a bit, sounding a bit frustrated. She gripped the handle of the cup, sipping the hot chocolate once more.
Back to top Go down
Emma Burling

Emma Burling

PostSubject: Re: "So what it if was total comfort food!"   "So what it if was total comfort food!" EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Emma sighed, her shoulders relaxing. It was a great relief to get it of her chest. At last. "A lot to handle, that's one way of putting it," she breathed. Was she coping? Emma was not sure. It was hard, indeed. But, looking over at the girl besides her, Emma realised something. She was far far from alone, in this crazy little town. She had gone from the freakish loner girl to witch, psychic and almost happy. Even if it did take a major kidnapping and almost death to get her to that point.

Better late then never, she guessed?

Emma hesitated when she asked if it was only Daniel. She paused not sure how to respond. She didn't answer for a long moment. Hell, they were having a girl heart to heart... why not go the full way? "Daniel... somewhat dumped me... we have barely spoken since. So I have no idea if its just him," she said slowly. "But, I think its like I have... Oh, I don't know... A direct line to him? But I also get other things," she said and finished up her drink. "Like, you know the masquerade posters? Every time I touch one, I get a flash of a mask in a puddle of blood...," she said slowly.
She nodded, understanding about the fitting into the circle. "At least you have a circle," she said with a slight smile. "The rest of us are somewhat lose cannons," she chuckled.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "So what it if was total comfort food!"   "So what it if was total comfort food!" Empty

Back to top Go down

"So what it if was total comfort food!"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Secret Circle Roleplay :: Miscellaneous :: Mudpile-
Jump to: