The Secret Circle Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secret Circle Roleplay

Witches and...witches and...witches, Oh my!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Roleplay (Must Read)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Faye Chamberlain
Admin
Faye Chamberlain

Power Points : 604
Power Popularity : 9

How to Roleplay (Must Read) Empty
PostSubject: How to Roleplay (Must Read)   How to Roleplay (Must Read) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:02 pm

What Is Roleplaying?

Here are some guidelines on how to roleplay. First, let's ask a simple question- what is roleplaying? Roleplaying is acting as a character, in existence or made up, and interact with other characters. In this case, the character is either a character from the American TV Series The Secret Circle or a made-up character. Please PM if you want to be a real character from the show.

Now, I'll teach you how to roleplay. Basically, when you're roleplaying, you should imagine you're writing the final draft of a story that's about to be published. When your character, or another character, is talking, it should be in quotations. Using correct spelling and grammar is a must. And you should be writing like you're writing a novel, too: your character is the first person narrator. For example, I might say, in a post:

Faye wrote:
Quote :
"How's Adam?" I asked, with a smile curling onto my face. "Oh, aren't you guys broken up? Maybe I should be asking Cassie." told her, trying to break her.

And then he might say:

Diana wrote:
Quote :
Faye was really irritating me. She was doing it, right. The only relationship of hers I could think of, was Jake. "Maybe you should, they are good friends after all. How about Jake, how's Jake? Or should I also be asking Cassie?" I realized a recurring theme...Cassie.

Powerplaying:

Something you shouldn't do is powerplaying.Powerplaying is when you take control of another character. This can be very aggravating, especially if the person does something annoying. For example:

Diana wrote:
Quote :
Faye ran up to me and got in my face. "You wanna try that again? Because I didn't quite by that, did you?" She asked me.

Out of Character:

There's no way to tell whether you're adding something to your post that's out of character, so the inventors of the online roleplay made up Out Of Character, or OOC. You can use OOC to suggest what to do to the other person, to comment on something, or basically anything. Here's an example of a roleplay with OOC:

Diana wrote:
Quote :
"You bitch! "Runs up to her and tackles her through the window.
OOC: Catfight! Smile

And then she might say:

Faye wrote:
Quote :
OOC: Okay! Well I wonder where this is leading? [:
BIC: I got mad as I felt blood on my arms and glass in my back. "Skies of earth bring me lightning!" I yelled, watching a bolt of lightning hit a tree.

As, you can probably figure out, BIC means back in character.

Double Posting:

One thing I don't like is double-posting. Or triple-, quadruple-, googolplex-posting, whatever. When you do multiple posts without anyone else posting, it looks really sloppy and bad. So don't multiple-post. Just don't do it.

Length of Posts:

I also hate it when people do really short posts, like:

Diana wrote:
Quote :
I tackled her through the window.

Faye wrote:
Quote :
I hit my head. It hurt.

Diana wrote:
Quote :
I do the hokey pokey, then run away.

And so on... and it gets quite boring to read. Please put some effort into your posts; if you're going to post like that, combine it all into one post. I'm not saying your post has to be lecture-long, just make it interesting to read.

I hope you have an enjoyable time roleplaying! Any questions? Post them below!

XOXO, Your Admin
Back to top Go down
https://secretcirclerpg.rpg-board.net
Kevin Hale

Kevin Hale

Power Points : 508
Power Popularity : 2

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay (Must Read)   How to Roleplay (Must Read) EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:49 pm

I think this is a great example of role playing, in my opinion. I understand how the stuff works, so now I don't make a fool out of myself while making a mistake in my posts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Faye Chamberlain
Admin
Faye Chamberlain

Power Points : 604
Power Popularity : 9

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay (Must Read)   How to Roleplay (Must Read) EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks <3
Back to top Go down
https://secretcirclerpg.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Roleplay (Must Read)   How to Roleplay (Must Read) Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Roleplay (Must Read)
Page 1 of 1